Use Our FIT Test To Detect Colorectal Cancer
One in 20 people will be diagnosed with colorectal cancer. It is the third most common diagnosed cancer in both men and women. Most cases appear in people 50 years or older. With early screening 60% of colorectal cancer deaths could be prevented. As you age you become more at risk that’s why it’s important to be continually screened. Hamilton HealthCenter offers a way to screen for colorectal cancer. Blood in your stool can often go unnoticed. The FIT test detects hidden blood which is an early sign of cancer. That means you can treat it before it spreads further. It’s a simple process you can do on your own in the privacy of your home. The steps are really easy.
- Flush the toilet before use
- Place the used toilet paper in the waste bag provided do not put it in the toilet
- Use the brush from the kit and scrape the surface of the stool
- Wipe the brush gently on the space indicated on the test card
- Add the brush to the waste bag
- Throw it away then simply mail the used kit to the lab to be tested
Hamilton Health Center will contact you with your results. Be one of the 1 million colorectal cancer survivors in the US. Use the FIT test to detect symptoms early when it’s most curable. Hamilton Health Center wants to make sure all of our patients are cancer-free. Call your provider today to pick up your free FIT test!