Baby Love is a program that provides an array of services specific to drugs and alcohol. There is both intensive case management available to individuals that struggle with substance use or have less than a year of sobriety and are ready to become engaged in a recovery oriented system, with specialized focus for women that are pregnant or have a child under the age of 5; as well as prevention programming for at-risk youth within the Greater Harrisburg area.
Greater Harrisburg Healthy Start, (GHHS) services focus on improving the body, mind, and social health of mothers, fathers, and children while pregnant and parenting. Services promote: Connection to Preventative Health Care, Timely Access to Mental Health Services, Child Development, Education, Advocacy, Preconception, Doula Services, Free parenting tips (available to families with children ages 0-12 years), Support Groups and our annual Baby Buggy Event.
Hamilton’s HOPE (HIV Outreach and Patient Empowerment) Program provides HIV/AIDS testing, treatment and support service to high risk populations.
Hamilton Health Center is the WIC provider for Dauphin County. WIC (Women’s, Infant and Children’s) program targets populations that are low-income and nutritionally at risk:
- Pregnant women (through pregnancy and up to 6 weeks after birth or after pregnancy ends)
- Breastfeeding women (up to infant’s 1st birthday)
- Non-breast feeding postpartum women (up to 6 months after the birth of an infant or after pregnancy ends)
- Children up to their 5th birthday.
The following benefits are provided to WIC participants:
- Supplemental nutritious foods
- Nutrition education and counseling at WIC clinics
- Screening and referrals to other health, welfare and social services